Friday, December 23, 2005

Sighting

Since my employer has seen fit to go without my services for a couple of days due to their reading of the Christian Bible (which places the main character's birth around now-ish) and their devotion to federal law (which institutionalizes that presumptive day of divine emergence), I went shopping.

My first stop (which will come as no surprise to anyone who knows anything about me) was at the boozer. I picked out my bottle of poison (1.75 litre Jack Daniels which sported 10 Air Miles) and went to the cash register. Unfortunately, there was a line. I started following it back, back, around the back corber of the store, past the wine and liquors, past the beer and vodka, all the way around and forward to the front of the store where I'd first grabbed my Jack.

In fact, if I'd had any awareness of my surroundings whatsoever, I could have taken the Jack in hand and just stood there. As it was, I had my Palm and lots of Palm books loaded (I'm reading McCullough's Truman right now, and it's nice to have it on the palm rather than carry around the equivalent of two bricks), so the time on line flew fairly quickly.

Maybe that's why I was given the time off - for lines at the LCBO?

My next stop was at the video store. I thought I'd get a pile of movies I hadn't got to see yet but wanted to and veg out in front of them. I still can't get myself to watch Adaptation. It just seems grotesquely self-indulgent. I can't stand writers who write about how hard it is to be a writer (even a screenwriter). Get a job, you bum.

Anyway, I was browsing through drama (I'd already grabbed The Aviator which I still can't believe is as good as it's reviews) when a fellow movie browser caught my eye.

There I was, picking out feature film DVD's with none other than Kevin McDonald. I wasn't sure at first. If you look at the photo on IMDB, he clearly has a chin there. My Kevin McD had no such feature. His hair was a light brown, not black, and had no hint of grey. Also, the woman he was with was in no way hot.

It's been my experience in the few instances of star encounters I've had that no matter how chinless or career-challenged they are, famous actors always have very hot women with them (I saw the late Gregory Hines at a Raptors game once with a woman so hot the coaches had the players throw long passes up court because nobody could dribble past her). So I suppose that could have been his sister. But she could have put on some makeup to go to the Rogers video store with her famous brother, right?

Now I'm going to go hit the punching bag for half an hour.

Happy Holidays!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home