Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday

Yes, goddamn it, it's Thursday. It is, in fact, the ninth of August. There are some troubles and ripples around the world, but enough of that. It's not good enough on August Thursday.

It was a week ago that I received word that my application for admission had been accepted by the York University School of Graduate Studies. In a few short weeks time, I'll be starting work on a Master of Arts in Disaster and Emergency Management. I'm scared to death.

This is a great program for me, and is a perfect fit with what have become my profession. But it's school. More school, after many year of going to school and then many years of not going to school. It's the latter that worries me.

I'm going to have to add a regimen of reading, researching, and studying to my already overstuffed head full of work, Junta, and sports. A man of my age should be all about the job and the leisure (whatever either of those things may be), and not about heading off to do another academic program.

So Congress is on vacation - as id the Iraqi Parliament.

One question, here: what's up with Iraq having a "parliament?" Didn't the US clear the administrative decks a while back and impose an occupational government on them? We don't have a 'parliament,' so why do they? Was Georgie so averse to the notion of a 'congress' that he had to create a parliament? I mean, if it's good enough for us, isn't it good enough for Iraqi's?

But enough about the lawless and the murderous. Their crimes are too vast and historic for me to get my head around today. I'll just settle for the notion that it's Thursday and leave it at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home