Thursday, June 15, 2006

Off They Go!

I'm doing it again. A couple (okay three) years ago, I was able to arrange a surprise for my staff: an afternoon Blue Jays baseball game. And today I'm doing it again. Not that all of them are particularly deserving of the trip, and a few I'm tempted to leave behind, but screw that. Even bad dogs get to lay in the sun every now and then.

The real treat is seeing their faces when you tell the, which is the part I'm going to miss. See, RBC has several buildings around the Rogers Centre (formerly known as SkyDome). So it's easy to say: "we're going down to 330 Front Street for a meeting" without raising suspicion.

When I brought the first group down to the RBC building in front of Roger Centre and then told them: "we're not going in, we're going to the ball game," their jaws hit the sidewalk. Priceless.

But my Supervisor is taking the first group this year. I'm taking the second group in August (I got to go twice last time). What was really funny was that the first group decided to keep the secret, so the second group really didn't know what they were in for two months later, and the surprise was fresh again. Nice.

So a quiet day for me, time to catch up. I've had to do long presentations all week, and I'm on (a really bad) course tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home