Monday, November 06, 2006

Been a While

Wow. That was the longest break I've ever taken from blogging (since I started in 2004). It's been a whirlwind September-October for me. I've been applying for jobs for a while, and in September I started getting some interviews. But October I was interviewing actively for four different positions, and by mid-month I was deciding between two very good offers.

I took one, and gave my former employer two weeks notice, for which I received the coldest possible shoulder. You want to know what people are really like, you watch them when things don't go their way. They thought they had me forever and could make whatever decisions they wanted to about my future and my career, on their timetable.

No.

So now I'm taking a 'reading week' between jobs, hoping to get mind, body, and spirit (such as they are) prepared for a huge challenge. The new job is a fantastic opportunity, but in the end it is just that: an opportunity. What I do with it is up to me, and that's a frightening thought indeed.

I'll try to get back to sports and politics tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would have been nice to start out the week with a Patriots W - oh well. It might even be more fun to have the Colts run through another stellar (undefeated?) regular season only to have them collapse again in the playoffs.

The good news from last night was that A) the Colts absolutely cannot run the ball against the Pats without Edge and B) the Patriots pretty much played as bad as they can play and only lost by a touchdown.

The Pats pretty much ran at will. That's what made Brady's decisions so strange - why force the ball deep when you can ram it down their throats? Something tells me the gameplan will change a little in the playoffs and the Pats will expose the Colts undersized D-line.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home